Weird Wesley
Wild Wild Wezz
Monday, February 25, 2008
1. The Serpent and the Eagle


An Eagle swooped down upon a Serpent and seized it in his talons with the intention of carrying it off and devouring it. But the Serpent was too quick for him and had its coils round him in a moment; and then there ensued a life-and-death struggle between the two. A countryman, who was a witness of the encounter, came to the assistance of the eagle, and succeeded in freeing him from the Serpent and enabling him to escape. In revenge, the Serpent spat some of his poison into the man's drinking-horn. Heated with his exertions, the man was about to slake his thirst with a draught from the horn, when the Eagle knocked it out of his hand, and spilled its contents upon the ground.

"One good turn deserves another."

2. The Shepherd's Boy

There was once a young Shepherd Boy who tended his sheep at the foot of a mountain near a dark forest. It was rather lonely for him all day, so he thought upon a plan by which he could get a little company and some excitement. He rushed down towards the village calling out "Wolf, Wolf," and the villagers came out to meet him, and some of them stopped with him for a considerable time. This pleased the boy so much that a few days afterwards he
cried the same trick, and again the villagers came to his help.

But shortly after this a Wolf actually did come out from the forest, and began to worry the sheep, and the boy of course cried out "Wolf, Wolf," still louder than before. But this time the villagers, who had been fooled twice before, thought the boy was again deceiving them, and nobody stirred to come to his help. So the Wolf made a good meal off the boy's flock, and when the boy complained, the wise man of the village said:

"A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth."

3. The Sick Lion

A LION, unable from old age and infirmities to provide himself with food by force, resolved to do so by artifice. He returned to his den, and lying down there, pretended to be sick, taking care that his sickness should be publicly known. The beasts expressed their sorrow, and came one by one to his den, where the Lion devoured them. After many of the beasts had thus
disappeared, the Fox discovered the trick and presenting himself to the Lion, stood on the outside of the cave, at a respectful distance, and asked him how he was. "I am very middling,"
replied the Lion, "but why do you stand without? Pray enter within to talk with me." "No, thank you," said the Fox. "I notice that there are many prints of feet entering your cave, but
I see no trace of any returning."

He is wise who is warned by the misfortunes of others.

4. The Tree and the Reed

"Well, little one," said a Tree to a Reed that was growing at its foot, "why do you not plant your feet deeply in the ground, and raise your head boldly in the air as I do?"

"I am contented with my lot," said the Reed. "I may not be so grand, but I think I am safer."

"Safe!" sneered the Tree. "Who shall pluck me up by the roots or bow my head to the ground?" But it soon had to repent of its boasting, for a hurricane arose which tore it up from its roots,
and cast it a useless log on the ground, while the little Reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over.

Obscurity often brings safety.

5. The Two Fellows and the Bear

Two Fellows were travelling together through a wood, when a Bear rushed out upon them. One of the travellers happened to be in front, and he seized hold of the branch of a tree, and hid
himself among the leaves. The other, seeing no help for it, threw himself flat down upon the ground, with his face in the dust. The Bear, coming up to him, put his muzzle close to his ear, and
sniffed and sniffed. But at last with a growl he shook his head and slouched off, for bears will not touch dead meat. Then the fellow in the tree came down to his comrade, and, laughing, said
"What was it that Master Bruin whispered to you?"

"He told me," said the other,

"Never trust a friend who deserts you at a pinch."
6. The Wolf and the Sheep A WOLF, sorely wounded and bitten by dogs, lay sick and maimed inhis lair. Being in want of food, he called to a Sheep who waspassing, and asked him to fetch some water from a stream flowingclose beside him. "For," he said, "if you will bring me drink, Iwill find means to provide myself with meat." "Yes," said theSheep, "if I should bring you the draught, you would doubtlessmake me provide the meat also." Hypocritical speeches are easily seen through.
7. The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing A Wolf found great difficulty in getting at the sheep owing tothe vigilance of the shepherd and his dogs. But one day it foundthe skin of a sheep that had been flayed and thrown aside, so itput it on over its own pelt and strolled down among the sheep.The Lamb that belonged to the sheep, whose skin the Wolf waswearing, began to follow the Wolf in the Sheep's clothing; so,leading the Lamb a little apart, he soon made a meal off her, andfor some time he succeeded in deceiving the sheep, and enjoyinghearty meals. Appearances are deceptive.
8. The Woodman and the Serpent One wintry day a Woodman was tramping home from his work whenhe saw something black lying on the snow. When he came closer hesaw it was a Serpent to all appearance dead. But he took it upand put it in his bosom to warm while he hurried home. As soon ashe got indoors he put the Serpent down on the hearth before thefire. The children watched it and saw it slowly come to lifeagain. Then one of them stooped down to stroke it, but thcSerpent raised its head and put out its fangs and was about tosting the child to death. So the Woodman seized his axe, and withone stroke cut the Serpent in two. "Ah," said he, "No gratitude from the wicked."

9. The Tortoise and the Eagle

A TORTOISE, lazily basking in the sun, complained to the sea-birds of her hard fate, that no one would teach her to fly. An Eagle, hovering near, heard her lamentation and demanded what
reward she would give him if he would take her aloft and float her in the air. "I will give you," she said, "all the riches of the Red Sea." "I will teach you to fly then," said the Eagle; and taking her up in his talons he carried her almost to the clouds suddenly he let her go, and she fell on a lofty mountain, dashing her shell to pieces. The Tortoise exclaimed in the moment of death: "I have deserved my present fate; for what had I to do with wings and clouds, who can with difficulty move about on the earth?'

If men had all they wished, they would be often ruined.


6:23 AM

Rubbish

Flickr Badge

PhotoAlbum

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from alexander kow. Make your own badge here.


Profile

Well, how can i begin? I am Wesley Thaddeus Alexander Kow, who lives in a remote island which doesn't appear on the world map. I love annoying people and i can't stop talking. I love to crap around and laugh at my own jokes. Ridiculous right? I am also in Temasek Poly Design School and I think it is one of the best schools so far. I am doing Moving Images there which is a course based on film and animation. I enjoy what I am doing and I also love to take Photographs of anything, including myself. So you will probably see alot of pics of myself on my blog. Dun think i am ego or smthng by doing that cos i'm not, it's jus tt i love myself. Who doesn't? K i shall stop telling you my life story cos that is wad you are here for, to look at my blog. So tag, read and enjoy!


Speak up




Monsters

x Ben
x Kay

Past

February 2008
March 2008


Credits

Designer :]
Image
Imageshack

Free Hit Counter